ISC D5Y Descender
In stock now. The new D5Y was exclusively designed for Yates by ISC it is a double-stop device. Wear parts approach the point of indestructibility. The handle is made of aluminum (as opposed to plastic), and is extremely durable.
D5Y Descender allows for controlled descent at different speeds. A user can move slowly, or get going much quicker than they can on a Petzl ID.
However, it still has the anti-panic in case a user pulls the handle too hard. Handle spins all the way around, and gives audible clicks as it resets. NEW handle position is approx. 25 degrees back
from the original prototype position allowing for a more ergonomic
position for the user.
The device is suitable for a two-person rescue without extra friction (i.e. using an extra carabiner with a redirect).
The D5Y Descent Device opens with a push button. The button is easy to open, even with gloves, but is difficult to open under load, decreasing the risk of accidental opening. Button audibly clicks when the device is closed.
The D5Y is approved for ANSI Z359.4-2013,
and NFPA "T". This descent device works great for rope access work,
progress capture in haul systems, rescue, tower climbing, and lots more.
It's one of the first descent devices on the market to have ANSI stamped on it!
The D5Y is a multi-use device. In addition to descending, it can be used in Rope Access for ascending. It is also a great progress capture device in hauling that allows for instant change over from lifting to lowering. The uses of this device are virtually endless. Rope Access Technicians, Tower Climbers, Road-side scaling crews and more will love this device.
- The handle rotates all the way around (360 degrees).
- Auto-lock function which is activated whenever the operator lets go of the handle.
- It’s made of thicker aluminum than the Petzl I’D, so it is more durable.
- Panic brake is designed to the only lockout when in free fall.
- The anti-panic is somewhere between a Petzl I’D and a Rig in terms of sensitivity.
- Construction is of Stainless Steel and Aluminum, making this an extremely durable device.
- Weights 28 ounces. Color Blue.
- Individually serial numbered.
- Designed specifically for use on BlueWater 12mm Dry Armortech Rope.
- ANSI Certified for use on 11.5mm Non-Dry and 12mm Teflon dry coated BlueWater Armortech rope for Tower Access work.